There are occasions where you need to cast iPhone or iPad to a PC or Mac for presenting a report in a meeting or in a large group of people. This article will show you different ways on how to share iPad screen on Mac with or without USB cable. You may choose either of the methods by checking them below.
How to Mirror iPad to Mac
QuickTime Player – Wired Way
QuickTime Player is a built-in mac tool that allows you to stream iOS screen to Mac. This amazing multimedia tool was developed by Apple and highly capable of different media formats such as video, audio, and images. To set up the connection and mirror iPad to Mac with USB cable, just follow the instructions below.
- Connect both devices using a lightning cable.
- Once connected, a filepicker menu will show. Go to the File option on its menu bar and choose the New Movie Recording.
- From there, change the default device by selecting your iPad from the options and the mirroring process will start. Then your iPad to Mac screen sharing will start.
LetsView – Wireless method
Another tool we have listed for you is LetsView. This amazing screen mirroring allows you to connect, cast, and mirror iPad to Macbook wirelessly. It works perfectly well on different platforms especially on Windows and Mac, as well as on both Android and iOS devices. Here are the steps on how to screen mirror iPad to Mac using LetsView.
- Install the app on your iPad and Mac. Once done, launch the app and make sure that both the iPad and Mac are connected to the same WiFi connection.
- On your iPad, input the PIN code or scan the QR code that is being shown on the screen of your Mac, and tap the Screen Mirroring to start connecting.
- Once connected, your iPad screen will be mirrored to your Mac instantly.
This article shows you two different methods on screen mirroring iPad to Macbook. One is mirroring with the use of a lightning cable while the other is connecting both devices wirelessly. You may choose either of the methods for you to be able to start an iPad to Mac screen sharing.